ESU 73400 LokSound Select 8 Pin DCC Sound Decoder
Out of stock
ESU LokSound Select Direct 6 Aux – 8 Pin – Ready For Programming – Universal Sound
We are proud to present to you the brand-new LokSound Select decoder. The LokSound Select decoder was designed with all our past experience, while considering many suggestions of ESU users.
The LokSound Select is a versatile DCC & DC Dual Mode decoder integrating a full-featured, 8 channel sound system, several lighting outputs and a 1.1A motor controller. While the LokSound Select only measures 1.18 x 0.59 (30mm x 15mm), due to its unique thermal design, it does (like all genuine LokSound decoders) not need any heat sinks.
We ship the LokSound Select with an 8 pin NMRA connector and a 21MTC connector to make it a plug & play decoder. It also contains on board capacitance for smooth operation. For LokSound Select, we offer a comprehensive range of new high-power speakers, rated 4 Ohms.
The LokSound Select can be used on conventional analog layouts and controlled with a DC power pack, but to benefit from all its features, we highly recommend DCC operation.
The LokSound Select follows all NMRA DCC standards and recommended practices. It can be used with 14, 28 or 128 speed steps, supports two digit (7 bit addresses) as well as 4-digit addressing. Up to 29 function keys are supported. The LokSound Select can change between DC and DCC operation at any time on the fly.
Of course, the LokSound Select supports all DCC-programming modes including Programming on the Main Track (POM). Because of its unique low-power design, the LokSound Select can be programmed on the programming track of all popular DCC systems. No programming track boosters or other circuitry will be needed.
By the use of our LokSound Programmer, programming can be even more comfortable by using your computer to adjust the many CVs and settings.
The LokSound Select comes with a 32 MBit memory chip. The sounds stored therein are our own recordings which were made by using the latest recording equipment and have been digitally re-mastered for the best audio possible. The sounds are transferred to a class ?D? audio amplifier via eight polyphonic sound channels. LokSound Select decoders offer the following unique features:
- Multiple whistle and horns: Each LokSound Select offers many whistle & horns. By just changing one CV, you can select your favorite one. This allows an easier adjustment to your model.
- Playable whistle: The LokSound Select supports a very fast responding whistle function. By just pressing your throttle’s button, you can really blow the whistle like the real engineer.
- 8 channel sound: The LokSound Select can playback up to 8 sounds at the same time. This will result in the most realistic experience available today.
- Synchronized brake squeal: The LokSound Select will synchronize the brake squeal sound with the real movement of the locomotive. No longer will stopped trains have the brake sound still on!
- Manual notching: The diesel speed steps can be either manually controlled by function keys or automatically based on the speed.
- Individual volume control: The volume of all sound effects can be adjusted individually.
LokSound Select decoders are firmware-updatable. This means, the internal decoder software can be replaced by new versions, if necessary. For this, you only need an ESU LokSound Programmer and a PC.