Some returns are free, and some are at the customer’s expense. If the item is defective and it is covered under the manufactures warranty, then the item will need to be sent to them and not to us. All you need is the invoice that came in the package. This includes all DCC products except for the following:
All other brands will need to be sent to the manufacture. You can find that information here.
If your brand is not is the list, please contact us for instructions.
All other items:
- You have 30 days, from date of purchase, to return or exchange an item(s). This only applies to items that are new, in sellable condition and have never been opened.
- Used or opened items are not eligible for return. This means that if you open an item and just don’t like it, it is now a used item and is not eligible for return. This means that if your wife doesn’t like the smell of the smoke from your new steamer, that is not a valid reason for a return. What this does mean, is that you now have one you can sell on eBay or Facebook.
- Order cancellation requests must be submitted immediately and can only be accepted before the item has shipped. If it has already shipped, then you can request an RMA and follow the regular return guidelines.
- All returns and exchanges must receive the approval of a Customer Service Representative before they will be accepted. The representative will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to you that is connected to your ironplanethobbies.com order number. To obtain an RMA number, please email us at [email protected] or create a ticket on our support site.
Iron Planet Hobbies will offer you a refund based on your original method of payment.
You will not be notified when your package arrives at our facility. Please use your carriers tracking system to verify your package arrived.
Iron Planet Hobbies will not be held responsible for delayed or lost packages.
All products returned must have documentation attached explaining the reason for return / exchange. Please include a copy of the original invoice with a note describing the reason for the return. The returned item(s) must also include the original box and packing materials and have the RMA number written on the outside of the shipping box and/or the label.
- Do not write on the item or the items packaging.
- Do not tape additional paperwork to item or the items packaging.
- Do not include any other correspondence in the package such as an additional order.
All items being returned for exchange and / or refund MUST be returned in the same new condition which they were shipped to the customer including the manufacturers packaging and all included instructions, manuals, etc. Any item(s) that have been modified in any way, such as, but not limited to, changes in appearance, (weathering, decals, painting), additional, removed or replaced parts, will not be accepted and neither refund nor exchanges will be given. All items returned for refund or exchange will be verified by a Customer Service Representative before a refund or exchange is processed. Do not ship returns / exchanges in the manufacturer’s box alone. Please ship all returns / exchanges in a shipping box / carton. Replacements, exchanges and/or credits will be shipped / processed once we receive the returned item(s). Any items returned that have not received an approved RMA number will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender.
- If any of the above procedures are not followed, the returned item(s) may be assessed a 20% restocking / service fee.
- For any item(s) damaged during shipping, please contact our customer service department. They will provide further instructions. Please retain the damaged shipping box and all contents for the Claims Agent unless otherwise instructed by Customer Service.
- Claims for damages will be handled by the Shipping Department Manager. Upon submission, processing and receiving the reimbursement for the claim, we will reimburse you for the damaged product(s). We have to do it this way since customer involvement is required by the shipping/insurance companies. If we reimburse first, most likely we won’t get the cooperation we need and won’t get our money back.
Sale/Clearance/Open Box items cannot be returned.
United States Customers:
Your return / exchange may qualify for Iron Planet Hobbies, LLC to pay for return ground postage. This will be determined on a case by case basis. If your return / exchange does qualify, you will receive a return mailing label via e-mail with instructions. Accommodations will be made for customers that do not have email.
International customers should use the most economical mail service available in their country. Iron Planet Hobbies, LLC will not reimburse return shipping costs for customers who return items using express or next-day shipping options.
Any items returned that have not received an approved RMA number will not be accepted and will be returned to the sender.
Late or Missing Refunds:
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at [email protected]
If you actually read all this, congrats!! You are head of the class. 😊